Meet the Trainers
Kieran is a member of SECAD’s Employment services team and has worked with the organisation since 2012. In his role as a Development Officer most of his work revolves around the provision of individual and group employment support covering areas including career direction, CV design, Interview skills preparation, education/training and community supports signposting. Kieran is also involved in the role out of SECAD’s Employment Fair which has become an annual event since 2018.
Kieran is a qualified coach and practitioner of developmental assessments, Strengths Profile and EQ-i2.0 (Emotional Quotient Inventory). His qualifications include.
- MA Work and Organisational Behaviour, UCC
- Career Coaching Certification, Positive Success Group
- HDip Coaching & Coaching Psychology, UCC
- Training & Development Special Purpose Award Level 6
- Strengths Profile Practitioner training
- EQ-i2.0 (Emotional Quotient Inventory) Practitioner Training
Cora is a member of SECAD’s Employment services team and has worked with the organisation since 2006.
- Experienced Career Coach /Trainer and Community Development Worker
- Background in Training, Recruitment/HR
- Has supported Start-ups, as well as business closure & Transfer of Undertaking in Ireland & UK.
- Worked in Industry, Self-Enterprise, Recruitment, IT, Community.
- Provided training & employment skills coaching privately and on behalf of other government bodies.
- Highly experienced in One to One and Group work.
- Personable with an ability to provide professional tailored supports to the individual.
- With a genuine interest in empowering and supporting clients to progress.
- Strong reputation with clients and social partners.
- Mottos “Do your best every day and every day your best is different” & “There is always something to learn & someone to learn from”.
Margaret is a member of SECAD’s Employment services team and has worked with the organisation since 2016.
Margaret has worked as a senior HR professional and Business Coach for more than 20 years.
- Worked in national and international environments.
- Has been employee and a self-employed consultant in start-up and multi-national organisations.
- Worked in a variety of sectors including Energy, Manufacturing, Disability and Community Development.
- Margaret’s academic qualifications include a BA, an MBA and a Post Graduate Diploma in Mediation and Conflict Management.
Margaret is also a qualified practitioner in the Insights Discovery personality profiling system.
Frances is a member of SECAD’s Employment services team and has worked with the organisation since 2013.
- Worked in recruitment in the pharma industry for over 5 years, carried out internal and external recruitment process, which included reviewing incoming CV’s, conducting interviews, and onboarding of newly appointed staff
- Worked in Cork Training Centre as a Trainer on the Life Science and Quality Assurances courses, 2 years
- Currently working with SECAD over 7 years, as an Employment Support officer. This includes working with unemployed community members and supporting them into employment, education or self employment.
- Currently co-ordinating SECAD’s Women’s Rural Entrepreneurial Network ( WREN) -working with women who are interested in setting up their own business as well as people who are already in business to move forward with growth and sustainability.
- Degree in Training and Education UCG
- Cert in Youth and Community work UCC
- Cert as an Information Provider – Citizens Information Service
- Masters in Personal and Management Coaching UCC
- Higher Cert in Mental Health in the Community UCC
Karen Loxton is a member of SECAD’s Community Development and Wild Work team and has worked with the organisation since 2018. Her role as Development Officer focuses on using nature to engage individuals and communities. She also leads SECAD’s Stepping Stones, a well-being programme providing an outlet to the outdoors.
Education and Skills
- BSc in Ecology and Post Graduate degree in Zoology.
- Extensive experience leading nature walks, talks and children’s educational events.
- Trained in the identification and monitoring of various animal and plant species.
- Science communicator with experience presenting at international conferences.